10.17.2010

The Spirit of the Lighthouse

Photobucket

Mercusuar itu | That lighthouse
adalah kamu yang berdiri menatap laut | is you who stands gazing at the sea
setiap malam menemani ombak| every night accompanying the waves
menanti purnama | waiting for the full moon
membisikan sunyi.. | whispering silence..
(written by my friend for me, once upon a time)

Photobucket


Where is the boundary of what's real and what's not? Can you see the thin silver line that separates those two? How do you know that the life you're living is not a dream and one day, at one point, you'll wake up realizing that you just had a longest sleep?

Just like that.


Photobucket

*****

Photobucket


Because this morning, I woke up as the spirit of a lighthouse. I remember every night, I'll stand still and strong accompanying the waves that comes closer yet never close enough; waiting for the red moon to shine down on me, yet never really feel its cold silvery touch.


Every night I'll whisper silence, solitude, and trying to get the lost souls back to their home: guiding them with the light. Every night, I serves as a giant torch light standing still by the sea.


Photobucket

*****

Photobucket


But every morning, I'll wake up in the most cheery manner, gently stroked by the sunshine. I love to touch the breeze, to taste the gentleness of the waves tickling my skin, to feel the sands under my barefoot, to listen to the busy chattering trees, to smell the sweet grass, to be accompanied by the nature.

No more whispers of silence or solitude. The world is awake, am I alive or am I dreaming?


Photobucket

*****

Photobucket

..to be continued..


*****

Miy
White Dress / Mignon
Bandana / Strawberry
Bow (worn as a belt) / Miy's

Photographed by Dito Yuwono


*****



8 comments:

lady sélénite said...

These photos and your text are full of poetry. My english is too basic to understand everything but I feel the atmosphere and it gives me good vibes !
The plants with sun shape are incredible, I've never seen that before !
http://selenite.weebly.com/

Amber Blue Bird said...

lovely dress but I am swooning over that picnic basket, its perfect

Nadia Kamballa said...

These are very pretty pictures! I'm really loving the concept.. Great dress, too!

Where is this taken, btw?

The November Girl

Tabitha said...

beautiful place, and lovely photos :)

LOVE, BEAUTY SPLASHES

michelle_ said...

BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS IN A BEAUTIFUL SETTING !!
you're truly a picnic girl :)

www.GlistersAndBlisters.com

jamie-lee said...

your photos are all so beautiful, i think i'm in love!! and your nautical look is absolutely darling xx

http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

Sakie and Thomas Gantz said...

Great photos and lovely poetry. :-)

muchlove said...

these photos are so beautiful! where is the location? gorgeous :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails